|Season 3 Episode 21a|
|Angelica's Worst Nightmare|
|Original Airdate||March 16, 1994|
|VHS release||Angelica the Divine|
|DVD release||Season 3|
|Previous Episode||Mr. Clean|
|Next Episode||The Mega Diaper Babies|
- Angelica's younger brother (appears in her dream)
- Daniel Prescott
As usual, Angelica's relishing her status as an only child. However, it's possible that her status as an only child might be over, because after taking a pregnancy test, Charlotte informs Drew that she's going to have another baby. When they tell Angelica the next day, Angelica laughs, thinking it's not possible, but they tell her they really are going to have another baby. Later, Angelica asks her parents to take her to the toy store, but they're too busy with preparing for the new baby to do so. At Tommy's house she tells him that "her friend" is going to have a sibling when it is really her. Didi steps in and tells Tommy and Angelica that she is excited for her and Charlotte. She explains to her that her parents will be too busy for anything else when the new baby comes. Tommy then tells her that it was funny how she and "her friend" were both going to have a new sibling. She replies to this by calling him a dope.
At Angelica's house she asks her mom not have a baby. Charlotte says that when the baby comes it comes and nothing can be done about it. In her room, she calls Dr. Daniel Prescott (a therapist). She tells him that she thinks her mother having another baby is a bad idea. After he asks her she replies saying that she thinks her parents won't have anytime for her. He tells her that she needs to think about others and not be selfish. She (of course) does not listen. At the dinner table, Drew and Charlotte do not seem to pay attention to her. They do only after she tells them about her food. They continue to discuss about where the baby will sleep. In her room, she mimics how they can't stop thinking about the baby. She falls asleep on her bed saying, "Babies, who needs them?".
Angelica wakes up in a dream where the baby's already been born and her parents are in his room. She talks to them and they don't recognize her. Drew recognizes her as their "old kid", meaning that they forgot about her and her name. He and Charlotte leave so they could call the newspaper about their new baby. Angelica goes up to the crib and the baby suddenly begins to speak in a man's voice. He tells Angelica that the house and their parents belong to him now, and she has one chance to leave home right now. Screaming and freaking out, Angelica runs to her mother and tells her that the baby talked to and threatened her. Charlotte tells her that a baby talking is impossible. Drew steps in telling Charlotte that Angelica's room is perfect for the new baby. Charlotte tells Angelica that they are giving the baby her room and all of her toys. She also tells Angelica that she will sleep in the laundry room and to do the laundry. Charlotte adds that she was too busy to make Angelica dinner and gives her only a small slice of cheese. Upset, sad, forgotten, heartbroken, unhappy and frustrated, Angelica now believes that her parents don't care about her anymore and they only care about the new baby now.
Suddenly, her baby brother (who now has appeared to have grown even taller than her) barges in the laundry room and tells her that he already told her to leave home. He steals her food and tells her that he told her to leave but since she wouldn't listening, he will "teach her a lesson". He then chases her around the house until Angelica hides in a closet, and her brother passes her hiding place, but finds her already. Angelica went into the garage, and manages to drive away, seemingly safe, until she stops in front of her brother again (who now has grown even taller than the house). He picks up the car and asks himself what she tastes like inside it. She yells about how she is his older sister but he simply ignores her. He then proceeds to put her in his mouth who then screams "No! No!" in her sleep. She then awakes with a violent start. The nightmare ends with Drew coming to her room. Drew tells Angelica that she won't be forgotten and she happily goes back to sleep.
The next, Angelica's parents reveal that Charlotte's doctor told them that Charlotte isn't really pregnant, so they're not going to have another baby--at least not right now. Seemingly upset, Angelica goes up to her room and says, "Yes!", before the episode ends.
- This Episode is similar to Pickles vs. Pickles because the main plot of the episode is a nightmare experienced by a character.
- The opening credits "cut" on and off, rather than the usual "fade" on & off.
- Dr. Daniel Prescott's number for his TV talk show is 555-5555; this number was used before in The Santa Experience, but as the number for Cogs Unlimited.
- The voice of Dr. Prescott in this episode, as well as a few voices in the next story (below) are done by Gregg Berger, who's the voice of The Gromble on Aaahh!!! Real Monsters.
- In the dream sequence, Angelica's younger brother strongly resembles old-time actor Edward G. Robinson in speech and appearance.
- There are a few theories as to why Charlotte's doctor told her that she wasn't pregnant:
- She could've had a miscarriage, or at least a chemical pregnancy.
- She could've had a phantom pregnancy.
- She could've misread or done her pregnancy test incorrectly, which may have caused it to be false-positive---after all, she did say that she was going to the doctor have an official pregnancy test done.
- However, if Charlotte didn't misread or do her pregnancy test incorrectly, she could've pregnancy that at-home pregnancy tests aren't always totally accurate when it comes to predicting whether or not a woman is actually pregnant.
- This is one of the many times where Angelica's thankful for her status as an only child. The only time where she's actually saddened by the fact that she's an only child is in the seventh season episode, Sister Act.
- By the seventh season, Angelica's the only Rugrat in the series who's an only child. By then, Tommy's gained a younger brother in the form of Dil Pickles and Chuckie's gained a new stepsister in the form of Kimi Finster (Chuckie has also gained a new stepmother in the form of Kimi's mom, Kira Finster).
- This is considered one of the scariest episodes in the Rugrats series due to the nightmare that Angelica had about her supposed baby brother.
- Big Boy: Hey what are you doing here sister? I thought I told you to scram. (spots her cheese) oh num-num (eats the cheese, and burps) I want you to get out, but you wouldn't listen. Now I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson.
- Angelica:Get back get away from me!
- Big Boy:You had your chance.
- Big Boy: Where do you think you're going sister?
- Angelica: No, please! I'm you big sister!
- Big Boy: Well now you're num-num!