|This article is a stub! You can help Tommy and the others by expanding it!|
|Season 5 Episode 9|
|Original Airdate||August 10, 2008|
|Previous Episode||Bad Blood|
|Next Episode||Golden Boy|
Didi decides to take the TV away from Tommy and Dil, and the rest of the gang's parents follow suit. Therefore, the gang must come up with plans for Dil to be a total daredevil to scare Didi into changing her mind.
- Tommy: Guys? Uh, what up?
- Kimi: WHAT UP?! I'll tell you what up, our dads took away our TVs too!
- Chuckie: Liquid nitrogen, or solid fuel?
- Chuckie: Definitely subconscious anxiety. Better known as TVDTs. (holds up Dil's used napkin like an ink blot) What does this look like to you?
- Kimi: I hate smart Chuckie.
- Tommy: (To Dil) Its nine. What are you doing eating lunch?
- Dil: It feels like lunch... To me. I got hereally at five this morning. I even helped Carl wax the floors.
- Final Appearances of: Chuckie, Phil, Lil, Kimi, Chas, and Betty
- Chuckie and Didi suffered the most from no television. Didi went onto a knitting sycophant, and Chuckie became absolutely smarter. Other side effects from the TV deprivation were:
- Dil is hyperactive from more sleep than he usually gets.
- Stu and Phil are overall nervous wrecks.
- Kimi's temper shortens from desperation.
- Lil acquires a gum addiction.
- Dil asks Didi, "You also had cars with no seat belts. Was that a good idea, too?" However, Didi couldn't have been born anytime before 1966 (Then she would be in her 50's).
- When Chuckie mentions Newton's Second Law of Motion, he gets it wrong as acceleration is force divided by the mass, not force times mass.
- The beginning of the episode is a parody of the 1960's comedy Gilligan's Island.
- Ending Tagline: "On second thought, no TV ever." - Didi
- This is the fifth and the last time Chuckie's hair is smoothed down. The first time was in It's Cupid, Stupid, the second was in Lucky 13, the third in A DeVille House Divided, and the fourth in Petition This!
- Before the Finsters' TV time is taken away, Chuckie and Kimi appear to be watching Three Jacks and a Beanstalk.
- Kira was mentioned by Kimi but she did not appear in this episode.
- Seeing how the pool was unfinished, this episode takes place after the events of "Curse of Reptar".
The transcript can be found here.
The gallery for this episode can be found here.