|Charles Crandall Norbert Finster|
|Also Known As||Chuckie Finster|
|Birth Date||April 15, 1989|
11 (All Grown Up pilot)
12 (All Grown Up)
27 (Age in 2016)
|Occupation||School student (All Grown Up)|
|Interests||Playing with his friends and his sister Kimi. Spending time with his mother, Kira, and his father, Chas.|
|Relatives||Chas Finster (Father)|
Kira Finster (Mother)
Kimi Finster (Sister)
Shirley Finster (Grandmother)
Marvin Finster (Grandfather)
Melinda Finster (Biological Mother; Deceased)
|Friends||Tommy Pickles (Best Friend)|
Kimi Finster (Sister)
Angelica Pickles (sometime)
Nicole Boscarelli (possible love interest)
|Voice Actor||Christine Cavanaugh (1991 - 2002)|
Nancy Cartwright (2002 - 2008)
Candi Milo (post 2002 video games)
|First Appearance||Tommy's First Birthday (Rugrats) (Season 1) (1991)|
|Last Appearance||Brothers Grimm (All Grown Up) (Season 5) (2008)|
|“||I'm glad we're a family.||”|
Charles Crandall Norbert "Chuckie" Finster, Jr. is the best friend of Tommy Pickles and acts as the series' deuteragonist (in Rugrats in Paris: The Movie, however, he serves as the protagonist). Chuckie's mother Melinda died from an illness when Chuckie was a few months old. In Rugrats in Paris: The Movie, his father, Chas was going to marry Coco, an evil woman who hates children, and tries to get Chas to fall in love with her, but in the end, Chas fell in love with and married Kira, Kimi's mother. His beautiful new mother is loving and caring, just as his father. Chuckie also has a puppy named Pepper (also known as Sparky) and a poodle named Fifi. Chuckie was 2-years old in Rugrats, 11-years old in the All Grown Up! pilot episode All Growed Up, and 12-years old in the All Grown Up! series itself.
In every crowd there's a worrywart, and among the Rugrats it's Charles Finster, Jr. Tommy's best friend Chuckie is a likable two-year-old scaredy cat who sees monsters in every closet and worries about a hundred ways things can go wrong. Tommy's adventurous schemes often reduce Chuckie to shivers "M-m- maybe this isn't such a good idea," he'll suggest, as the Rugrats are off to sneak into the dark and dank garage. But since Chuckie also hates being left behind, he trudges along warily. And in the process, he often surprises himself with the courage he summons up. Like his dad, Charles Sr., Chuckie never forgets that every silver lining comes with a cloud attached. - Rugrats Description from Klasky Csupo
Chuckie has changed in many ways since he was a baby. For one thing, he isn't as scared of the world as he once was, and is even willing to take a risk now and then! He now likes girls, and will go to great lengths to get their attention, including dressing up like a foreign exchange student or being nice to Angelica. Chuckie is still best friends with Tommy, and often turns to him for advice. Although Chuckie may not be the scaredy cat he used to be, his wild red hair and glasses haven't changed much at all! - All Grown Up! Description from Klasky Csupo
Despite his cuteness, Chuckie is pessimistic and scares easily, and at the first suggestion that he and the other babies should do something or go somewhere, he will always say, "Maybe this isn't such a good idea." All the same, he's still best friends with Tommy, Phil and Lil). Among his fears are adventures, cats, losing his glasses, germs, bad things happening to his friends, clowns, and the "guy on the oatmeal box with the scary hat" (a parody of Quaker Oats). He is loyal and often brave, facing his fears briefly to come through for his friends, whenever there's a problem, Chuckie's there to help his friends get through it emotionally. Chuckie doesn't really like misbehaving, but his friends often get him into trouble by accident. He is very close to his father Chas, and is usually the main target of Angelica's bullying. Chuckie was the only character who did not come from a two-parent household before the remarriage. It is revealed in the episode The Alien that Chuckie has an outie belly button, and is revealed to be left-handed in Chuckie's a Lefty. Things had changed for Chuckie in Rugrats in Paris, when he got a pretty new sister named Kimi Finster, and a lovely new mother named Kira Finster.
In All Grown Up, Chuckie is still timid, but he is a bit more of a risk taker.
Chuckie has a peach skin with freckles, messy orange hair, a pair of purple square glasses with a white tint, a blue shirt with a Saturn on it, green shorts with light green wavy lines, yellow-orange socks, diapers (until Chuckie vs. The Potty) and partially untied red shoes with white laces. While being potty trained, he wore white bear patterned, light blue, or beige training pants, then dark blue or white briefs.
Chas Finster - Charles is Chuckie's father, he and his father are very similar as they are both scaredy cats and have allergies. They both are allergic to dandelions and have red hair and glasses. They are also both friendly.
Melinda Finster - Melinda is Chuckie's bilogical mother. Chuckie doesn't remember her too well but he does remember her when he was really young. Chuckie had seen what she looked like in a photo in the Mother's Day episode as Chas told him about her
Kira Finster - Kira was Chuckie's step mom until she legally adopted him making her just his mom. Chuckie didn't like the way Kira did things at first and got upset, especially when she fixed his Wawa because she put sparkly blue eyes on him. However Kira and Chuckie now get along as Kira says she'll learn more about the things he does and the way he likes things done.
Kimi Finster - Kimi was Chuckie's step-sister until she was legally adopted by Charles Finster, making her and Chuckie siblings. Chuckie loves Kimi and tries to protect her, when he can, from getting hurt or in danger. In All Grown Up! Chuckie is still somewhat protective of Kimi as he tries to protect her from Z. Chuckie also got upset when the gang found Tommy and Kimi's intials carved in the wall in TP+KF as he tells Tommy that it wasn't cool to mack on his best friend's sister. The intials carved into the wall caused Tommy and Chuckie to not only break off their friendship but for Chuckie to be suspicious of Kimi.
Tommy Pickles - Tommy is Chuckie's best friend that he met when Tommy was only eight days old. In A Step at a Time , Chuckie learned that he was the reason that Tommy walked for the first time and that they've been friends ever since then. Despite trying to talk Tommy out of it, Chuckie always goes on the scary adventures that Tommy leads him on. Some of the adventures cause Tommy and Chuckie to argue like in the episodes: Opposites Attract and Farewell, My Friend , however they always make up in the end. In All Grown Up episode TP+KF Chuckie got upset with Tommy when he thought that Tommy had a crush on Kimi and were suspicious of the two up until the point they fought and broke of their friendship. However after Tommy came running to his house scared and they sat down and talked, Chuckie and Tommy patched things up with each other.
Susie Carmichael - Chuckie and Susie are very good friends. It is hinted that the pair may possibly, though not confirmed, like each other, as Chuckie asked Susie to be his date in Junior Prom and she accepted, while in It's Cupid, Stupid Susie asks Chuckie to go to the Valentine's Day dance with her.
You can find the Rugrats gallery of Chuckie Finster here
- Kira legally adopts Chuckie as her son in Finsterella and Chas legally adopts Kimi as his daughter. In a legal sense, that technically makes Chuckie and Kimi siblings and not just stepsiblings.
- In Season 1 to early episodes of Season 2, Chuckie is shown with multiple teeth besides his trademark buckteeth. However since Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch, those multiple teeth were eliminated.
- 11-year old Chuckie kept his appearance in All Grown Up!.
- In All Growed Up (where 12-year old Chuckie appeared), 13 year old Angelica introduces him to 13-year old Samantha Shane as "Charles Finster III," even though his grandfather's name is Marvin.
- The Behind the Scenes featurette for Rugrats in Paris shows that Chuckie was originally going to sing "I Want a Mom" himself, but this idea was scrapped in favor of having the song performed by Cyndi Lauper.
- He was played by Christine Cavanaugh, who also voiced Oblina, in another Nicktoon, Real Monsters. Coincidentally, Oblina appeared in the episode Ghost Story.
- As seen in the Season 4 episode "Radio Daze", Chuckie is shown to be ticklish on his foot.
- It is unknown if Chuckie has any cousins.
- It is possible that Chuckie's birthday is either in late April or early May, if Tommy's birthday is in June. If Tommy's birthday is in August, Chuckie would be born around June 14. If Tommy's actual birthday is in June, since in All Grown Up Chuckie mentions that he's a year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 5 days older than Tommy which would make his birthday fall around late April or early May. Since Phil and Lil are 3 months older than Tommy and their birthday is March 31st along with the fact that Tommy was born 2 months premature, making Tommy's actual birthday in June but his real birthday is supposed to be in August, and according to what Chuckie said would make his birthday most likely fall in late April.
- In All Grown Up Chuckie has been seen as a 3-4 year old, and a 7-8 year old.
- Chuckie, in All Grown Up, has freckles on his bottom
- Chuckie is allergic to dandelions like his father, but not cats.
- Angelica calls him by his last name sometimes. She started doing this in Season 3
- He doesn't like getting sand in his pants.
- He didn't want to give up his diapers, but now that he is potty trained, he refuses to wear them again.
- His first word was "no".
- Apparently because of Chuckie's nose always being congested and stuffed up because of allergies he can't smell what Phil and Lil smell like, except in the episode The Smell of Success when he had his nose unstuffed and actually could smell the stinky smell coming from the twins.
- Chuckie is similar to Jeremie Belpois from Code Lyoko. They're both smart, aren't good at P.E., and want to skip P.E. although Chuckie doesn't skip gym class.
- After watching Captain Blasto, he takes a nap.
- Chuckie is terrified of clowns.
- In Dude, Where's My Horse?, it's revealed that Chuckie can play the harmonica. Although he never says how.
- Despite being one of the oldest members of the group, Chuckie never has his first kiss.
- In Rugrats in Paris: The Movie, Chuckie said "9/11".