|Dylan Prescott Pickles|
|Also Known As||Dil Pickles|
|Birth Date||August 28, 1991|
|Age||3-4 months (Rugrats)|
9 (All Growed Up)
10 (All Grown Up!)
25 (age in 2016)
|Occupation||School student (All Grown Up)|
|Interests||Pulling hair, grabbing items, eating, hitting people on the head with various, aliens|
|Relatives||Tommy Pickles (brother)|
Didi Pickles (mother)
Stu Pickles (father)
Lou Pickles (grandfather)
Trixie Pickles (deceased paternal grandmother)
Lulu Pickles (paternal step-grandmother)
Boris Kropotkin (maternal grandfather)
Minka Kropotkin (maternal grandmother)
Ben Kropotkin (uncle)
Elaine Kropotkin (aunt)
Drew Pickles (uncle)
Charlotte Pickles (aunt)
Angelica Pickles (cousin)
Dylan Prescott (Didi's cousin)
Bucky (first cousin once removed)
|Friends||Tommy Pickles (brother)|
Vice Principal Pangborn
|Enemies||Angelica Pickles (sometimes)|
Tommy Pickles (sometimes)
|Voice Actor||Tara Strong|
|First Appearance||The Family Tree (mentioned)|
The Rugrats Movie, 1998 (in person)
|Last Appearance||Golden Boy (All Grown Up!, 2008)|
— Dil Pickles
Dylan Prescott "Dil" Pickles is the younger brother (by one year) of Tommy Pickles, younger son of Stu and Didi, and younger cousin of Angelica Pickles on the Nickelodeon shows Rugrats and All Grown Up!. Named after Didi's cousin, Dylan "Dil" Prescott, he was born in The Rugrats Movie (released November 20, 1998). His name is a pun on dill pickles. He is voiced by Tara Strong. He's 3-4 months old, and likes to call Angelica "yucky".
Dil Pickles is the youngest member of the Rugrats , and because he is just a infant, his big brother Tommy feels that it's his "sponsability" to teach him about things work in the world. Dil has a personalitly of a typical 3-month-old: all id. He wants everything NOW and will do whatever he can to get it. And once he does get it, he won't let go without a fight. Dil will wait unconsolably when frustrated, but he'll immediately stop crying when something else attracts his attention. While his tantrums are often annoying, he has the saving grace of all babies: he's irresistably cute. - Rugrats Description from Klasky Csupo
Dil Pickles has grown quite a bit from the little baby we first saw in The Rugrats Movie, He is now 9 years old, and enjoys wearing bizarre outfits, talking in code and getting any information he can about alien abuctions! His Principal, Mr. Pangborn, thinks Dil is a bit too strange, and almost went crazy himself trying to psychoanalyze what could be wrong with him. Could it possibly be caused by Phil and Lil accidentally dropping Dil on his head when he was a baby? Maybe... Or perhaps Dil is just one of those utterly unique individuals who doesn't try to be weird... he just is! - All Grown Up! Description from Klasky Csupo
Dil joined the Rugrats cast in the year of 1998. From the very beginning, Dil has had curly yet limited hair on his head, and has almost always worn yellow trap-door pajamas (though in The Rugrats Movie, Rugrats in Paris: The Movie & Rugrats Go Wild, his pajamas were purple). Because of his age, Dil can't say as many words as the other Rugrats. For the final 5 years of Rugrats' run, Dil had to learn how to be a Rugrat. He always wants everything at his age, and will always do whatever he can to get an object. He is as selfish as his cousin Angelica, and when he cries, he will not stop until something or someone will get his attention, but the difference being that he is a baby and will share things with Tommy and the rest of the babies.
Most of the episodes that Dil is prominent in usually involves the rest of the Rugrats trying to make Dil more like a "big baby", teach him something, or save him from something. When Didi was pregnant with Dil, she and Stu assumed that he was going to be a girl, and had planned on naming the baby "Trixie," after Drew and Stu's late mother (although her real name was actually "Beatrix," but most people called her "Trixie"), but when the baby turned out to be a boy, they named him after Didi's cousin, Dylan Prescott.
Dil always called Chuckie "Chubbie", and in the episode The Jungle, he refers to Phil and Lil "Philip" and "Lilip" respectively. He is a hair puller. Dil remains the same height until a 2003 episode titled Back To School when he, according to his father, Stu Pickles, "grew an inch".
In the episode A Dose of Dil, Tommy feels left out as the adults are giving Dil all the attention because he got a booster shot in his finger. Tommy and the gang decide to find ways to get the attention of the adults because they believe that if they do, they will get lollipops, as Angelica shows off that she has loads of lollipops. However, by the end of the episode, Tommy realizes that he doesn't need to cry for attention anymore because his little brother Dil will always be there to listen to him.
Dil has peach colored skin and a pair of white eyes with black pupils. He has a small amount of large curly hair atop his head. The character wears yellow and orange trap-door pajamas.
Dil has appeared in all but 27 episodes of Rugrats since The Rugrats Movie. He made his debut in the movie, though he was mentioned previously in The Family Tree (in which Didi, his and Tommy's mother, realizes that she is pregnant), and made his final appearance in Golden Boy, an episode of All Grown Up!. It can be also noticed that a main character has been added in the first two Rugrats movies.
- Dil was the first of two Rugrats to debut in a Rugrats movie, the second being Kimi in Rugrats in Paris: The Movie.
- As seen in All Grown Up!, Dil has red hair, taken from Didi's side, and is known for his unusual interests, including inventing, taken from Stu's side.
- Dil is one in three of the main Rugrats characters to have the camera viewed from inside his mouth in All Grown Up!. The other two are his older cousin, Angelica, and his pet dog, Spike .
- In the All Grown Up! episode entitled Brothers Grimm, Dil is seen writing with his left hand, which would imply he is left handed, this would also imply Chuckie is not the only Rugrat who is left handed.
- Dil believes in aliens, and doesn't think they're scary.
- As said in the All Grown Up episode Truth or Consequences, Dil was accidentally dropped on his head by Phil and Lil when he was a baby. It is also shown he does know about this.
- In one All Grown Up! episode, it is said that Dil is 4 years younger than Tommy, this may be a continuity error, or the writers and directors forgot the Rugrats stayed the same age for over 3 years.
- Though there was no episode, Dil was seen as a 1-2 year old, and 3-4 year old in the All Grown Up! episode Truth or Consequences.
- In Chuckie's Dream, in Rugrats in Paris: The Movie, Dil is seen carrying a flag and running/walking even though he never walks at all in the actual cartoon series.