|Phillip Richard Bill DeVille|
|Also Known As||Phil DeVille|
DeVille (by Angelica Pickles)
|Birth Date||March 31, 1990|
|Age||1 1/4 (Rugrats pilot and Rugrats)|
10 (All Grown Up pilot)
11-12 (All Grown Up)
28 (Age in 2018)
|Occupation||School student (All Grown Up)|
Playing with his friends
Soccer ("All Grown Up!")
Cooking ("All Grown Up!")
|Relatives||Lil DeVille (twin sister)|
Betty DeVille (mother)
Howard DeVille (father)
Winifred (second cousin)
Nana & Gramps (great-grandparents)
|Friends||Tommy Pickles |
Lil DeVille (twin sister)
Angelica Pickles (sometimes)
Wally Ramone (Love Interest)
|Enemies||Angelica Pickles (sometimes)|
Wally Ramone (once)
|Voice Actor||Kath Soucie|
|First Appearance||Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing (Rugrats) (Episode Pilot) (1990)|
|Last Appearance||Brothers Grimm (All Grown Up) (Season 5) (2008)|
Phillip Richard Bill "Phil" DeVille is a main character in both Rugrats and its spin off series, All Grown Up!, appearing in most episodes of both series. He is the first tritagonist of the series. Phil is one of Tommy's friends, and is very close with his twin sister, Lil, although they often bicker with each other. He is a minor protagonist in the series.
The next door neighbor to Tommy is a twin who, along with his sister Lil, loves to cook up mud-pies filled with worms, bugs and other slimy creatures he finds in the backyard. Phil DeVille is close to his sister, but that doesn't stop him from constantly getting into arguments with her. He loves to go on adventures with the other Rugrats, and the messier and the scarier, the better. He comes armed with a diaper filled with moldy things he finds under sofas and beds, as well as dry wit and funny quip for every situation the babies get themselves into. - Rugrats Description from Klasky Csupo
Phil DeVille has grown in many ways independent of his sister. When they were babies, each of the twins wore the same outfits, and it wasn't very easy to tell them apart. Now Phil and Lil dress differently, act differently and have different friends. Still, some things are the same. Phil is still into being gross and is still great friends with Tommy and Chuckie. Although he doesn't share a room with Lil anymore, she is still his twin, and both of them continue to have adventures together. - All Grown Up! Description from Klasky Csupo
Phil and Lil are adorable twins who are alike in almost every possible way, and are even dressed to match: both wear pink and black pin-stripe shirts and turquoise outfits (Phil's being a shirt and Lil's being overalls) with a handkerchief on the left side and a duck on the right, and both have a small amount of brown hair on top of their oddly-shaped heads. Phil wears blue shoes and shorts and is drawn (for the most part). Phil is younger than Lil by two minutes.
Phil plays with orange soda and mustard dispensers at the movie theater. They also share the same interests: playing in the mud, and consuming worms (which they have often called "Chocolate Spaghetti"), bugs and toilet water. They often use their full first names, Phillip and Lillian, against one another when arguing. Their parents, Betty and Howard, often confuse the two despite permanent differences, like the ears, as well as (of course) their genders.
Phil's skin is mostly peach and has a block/football shaped head, a few teeth. He wears a pink undershirt with black pinstripes, a turquoise overall dress (with a handkerchief on the left side and a duck on the right), white ankle length/high socks, a pair of blue hi-top sneakers, and baby blue long shorts.
Phil appears in most episodes of Rugrats and All Grown Up!, although he and his sister made fewer appearances in the last few seasons of Rugrats. He and Lil are absent from 59 episodes of Rugrats. His first appearance was in Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing, while his last appearance was in the All Grown Up! episode Brothers Grimm.
- (to Lil) "Naw, that's just sticky." - Vacation
- "Hey, this is more fun than picking noses!" - The Rugrats Movie
- "Wow, a potty that squirts you back!" - Rugrats in Paris: The Movie
- "Anything that makes you throw up has got to be good!" - The Age of Aquarium
- "A twin's gotta do, what a twins gotta do!" - The Perfect Twins
- "What's the fun of gettin' garbage if ya don't get to keep it?" - Lil's Phil of Trash
- Phil has the record for the most camera views from inside his mouth. This is first seen in the pilot, Tommy Pickles and the Great White Thing, to the film Rugrats Go Wild, though it is never seen in All Grown Up!.
- Phil was seen as a 3-8 year-old in the All Grown Up! episode Truth or Consequences.
- Phil plays with orange soda and mustard dispensers in the episode At the Movies.
- Phil was seen as a preteen and having braided or unbraided curly hair since Season 2 of All Grown Up!.
- Phil had straight hair in seasons 0-1 of All Grown Up!.
- Phil had fiery hair (hair wings) in seasons 0-1 and 5 of All Grown Up!.
- Phil has only cried on his own in Together at Last and Chuckie's New Shirt.
- He is two minutes younger than Lil.
- His favorite color is green
- It is revealed in a Nickelodeon Magazine that Phil and Lil's birthday is March 31st and that they are 15 months, when Tommy is 1, making them 3 months older than Tommy.
- It is revealed in The Rugrats Movie that Phil poops an awful lot, when Tommy complains to Phil.
- Phil says he only has three teeth in Clan of the Duck, and when he bites down on the hose three holes are poked into it, but he is shown with about eight teeth before biting down on the hose, of course, this could just be an animation error.
- Much like Chuckie, Phil can also be very protective of his sister Lil as seen in the All Grown Up! episode Separate But Equal.
- In "Susie Goes Bad Lite", it is revealed that Phil has a talent for cooking. A trait which he has acquired from his father.
- In the " A DeVille House Divided" episode Phil develops a crush on Wally Ramone.
- In "Susie Goes Bad Lite" it is revealed by Tommy that Phil made Didi cry after he criticized her cooking.
- In "Bad Blood", it is revealed that Phil is an excellent poker player.