Ruthless Tommy is an episode of Rugrats from season one.
|Season 1 Episode 6a|
|Original Airdate||September 15, 1991|
|Next Episode||Moose Country|
Two dim-witted thugs abruptly kidnap Tommy, believing that they can get a large ransom from Tommy's family, thinking that he is the son of Ronald Thump. While in the kidnappers' car, Tommy drops his ball. He begins to cry and the thugs try to get him to stop crying. Later, They get to the hideout which is just the kidnappers' unkept apartment. Tommy causes the kidnappers nothing but trouble so they return him only to be arrested by the police.
- At the beginning of the episode, the grass in the Pickles' yard is coloured green. At the end of the episode, the grass is coloured brown.
- This is the third episode to only feature one of the main characters (in this case, Tommy is the character).
- Tommy does not want the squeaky bannana because it scared him.
- Ronald Trump may be a parody of Donald Trump, a famous billionare.
- When Lou is watching a channel about fish, the channel's music from the Pilot episode plays.
- The episode's plot is based on the plot of the story "The Ransom of Red Chief" by O. Henry
- There are rumors that this episode was banned in the U.K.
- This episode was airing when 9/11 took place, and was rarely aired for a while afterwards.
- A Baby's Gotta Do What a Baby's Gotta Do (paramount on videos releases)