|This article is a stub! You can help Tommy and the others by expanding it!|
|Season 2 Episode 1b|
|Original Airdate||September 6, 1992|
|DVD release|| Outdoor Shenanigans|
The Best of Season 2
|Previous Episode||Toy Palace|
|Next Episode||Chuckie vs. The Potty|
Intrigued by Grandpa’s pirate story, the Rugrats play pirates themselves.
- - Description from Klasky Csupo.
Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, and Lil are outside in the Pickles' backyard. For storytime, Grandpa Lou reads the children a pop-up book about pirates. When Grandpa Lou falls asleep, the children act out on an adventure to find treasure, with Tommy being Long John Tommy.
After sailing to the deserted island the map leads to, they dig up the box of treasure from the sand. Moments later, Admiral Angelico of the Spinach Main shows up and demands the treasure. After a daring sword fight, Angelico makes Long John Tommy walk the plank. Tommy is just about to fall into the water, when Didi comes outside, noticing that Angelica is bullying the babies. When Angelica says they're playing pirates, Didi calls Tommy: "Angelica!" she says to her will go inside and "swab the decks" for a while.
Tommy is relieved that Angelica never got the treasure, and shows it to his friends.
The transcript can be found here
- This is the first episode to feature the children imagining something rather than actually doing it.
- The treasure consists of Spike's droppings, a Duplo brick, yellow and green Playdoh clumps, a broken hair curler, and a comb.
- Angelica briefly mentions Captain Hook from Peter Pan.
- In this episode, Angelica is known as "Admiral Angelico".
- (Chuckie looks at an illustration of a pirate wearing a white bandana on his head.)
- Chuckie: Why's that man got a diaper on his head?
- Tommy: Cause' he's a pirate. And it's not a diaper, it's a banana!
- (Chuckie pours a large amount of sand out of his shoe.)
- Chuckie: I think I got sand in my shoe.
- Tommy: Real pirates like sand in their shoes!
- (Chuckie, Phil, and Lil dig for the treasure, but stop halfway.)
- Chuckie: Is this the treasure?
- (Tommy walks up to the hole and looks inside.)
- Tommy: No, that's cat poop. Keep digging!
- (Chuckie is seasick.)
- Chuckie: I knew I shouldn't have had that second helping of strained squash...
- (Didi is on the phone with Betty while washing the dishes.)
- Didi: Betty, you wouldn't believe what those kids of ours are up to! Well, they're pretending they're all pioneers in a covered wagon. It's just adorable! I wish I had the video camera right now!
- Tommy: Hoist the mistelmast! Pull up the anchor! Swab the poop deck!
- Chuckie, Phil, and Lil: Poop?
- (Chuckie, Phil, and Lil all check themselves. Lil pats her diaper.)
- (Tommy prepares to load a cannon.)
- Tommy: Hurry up, mateys, or we'll all be fish food!
- Chuckie (still seasick): Oh, please, Tommy! Don't mention food.
- (Angelica fires at Tommy's pirate ship, creating a hole in the floor. Phil and Lil look at each other.)
- Phil and Lil: Uh-oh!
- Phil: I think we're gonna be drowneded!
- Lil: I think we're gonna be captured!
- Chuckie: I think I'm gonna be sick.
- (Angelica stops her pirate ship near Tommy's.)
- Angelica: Prepared to be bored!
- Phil: Oh, no! Looks like she's gonna bore us!
- (Angelica swings across a rope.)
- Angelica: Aiiieee!
- (Angelica swings right over Tommy's pirate ship, missing it completely, and lands in the water.)
- (Angelica forces Tommy to walk the plank, as Chuckie, Phil, and Lil are all tied up.)
- Phil: Be brave, Tommy!
- Lil: Remember, a pirate's not a-scared of nothing!
- Chuckie: I think I'm gonna be sick.
- Tommy: Farewell, my brave crew! Wherever you may roam, do not forget the memory of your brave captain!
- Chuckie: Now I know I'm gonna be sick!
- (Tommy walks up to Angelica.)
- Tommy: And as for you, Admiral Angelico, you may wreck my ship, and you may capture my crew, but you'll never get my treasure! Not in a million, zillion years!
- (Tommy tries to walk away, but Angelica snags him by the back of his diaper with her sword and pulls him back.)
- Angelica: Yeah, yeah, yeah, stop talkin' and start walkin'!
- (Didi catches Angelica bullying the babies.)
- Didi: Angelica!
- Angelica: Uh-oh.
- (Didi walks into the backyard.)
- Didi: What do you think you're doing, young lady?
- (As Angelica talks to Didi, Tommy walks away.)
- Angelica: But Aunt Didi, I didn't do anything! They were pirates!
- (Didi grabs Angelica's hand and walks back to the house, pulling her along.)
- Angelica: They had a treasure! They fired on me first!
- Didi: Well, you can just help swab the decks inside the house for a while, young lady!