|Season 1 Episode 3b|
|Original Airdate||August 25, 1991|
|DVD release||Season 1|
|Previous Episode||At the Movies|
|Next Episode||Baby Commercial|
Angelica sleeps over at Tommy's , but her desire for an open window leaves Tommy feeling ill. This results in some very bizzare dreams.
- - Description from Klasky Csupo.
Didi, Stu, and Drew throw Tommy and Angelica a slumber party at his house. When she arrives, Tommy asks her what a slumber party is. Angelica replies "If you have to ask, you'll never know."
Soon, the two of them are put down for a nap. Angelica expresses her dislike for the smell like baby's room in here, and opens the window for fresh air. Tommy says he's cold, but Angelica ignores him. After their nap at dinner, Didi notices Tommy seems very sleepy and puts him back to bed. Angelica likes hamburger, mashed potatoes and carrots.
In bed, Tommy falls asleep and begins to dream. In the dream Didi comes in to check on him...in the shape of the moon on his mobile (and his room changing into outer space)! Stu, Drew, Grandpa Lou, and Angelica soon arrive and also take on shapes from Tommy's mobile (the cloud, the star, the airplane, and Cupid, respectively). In the dream he is sick and Angelica insists he's faking it for attention, but the adults ignore her and tend to the baby who is unwell in his dream. Dream-airplane-Grandpa suggests holding him upside down and feeding him applesauce with an old sock on his head.
Dream-moon-Didi and Dream-cloud-Stu try to sing a lullaby so Tommy can rest. They don't know any, so they just make lyrics up as they go along. Angelica notes now that he doesn't look very good, and maybe he isn't faking it. Moments later, Tommy throws up baby food all over Angelica. Angelica runs off in tears, followed by Drew who calls after her that she's dripping vomit everywhere. Tommy seems more relaxed now and peacefully drifts off to sleep.
Tommy wakes up, the next morning feeling much more awake. It's revealed that everybody has stayed in his room the entire night and that he had really thrown up in his sleep. The adults are glad to see him, while Angelica demands a replacement dress, which the adults also ignore. When the grownups leave to prepare breakfast, Tommy asks Angelica if all slumber parties are like this. Angelica repeats the same thing she told Tommy when he first asked about slumber parties and lets him out of his crib before she leaves the room with him following close behind.
The transcript can be found here
- This is the first time Charlotte is mentioned, she does not appear in the episode, however.
- Tommy's bottle sucking sound heard in this episode is the same sound used for Maggie Simpson sucking on her pacifier on The Simpsons, Klasky Csupo's previous project.
- Tommy and Angelica go down for their nap at 2:15 P.M.
- This is the second time Chuckie, Phil, and Lil are absent, they are, however, mentioned in the episode.
- Illnesses are caused by viruses and bacteria. Being cold has nothing to do with it, despite what some people think. This means that one of the adults (or Angelica) must have brought the illness to the house which Tommy must have caught if he really was sick. However you could interpret he was sick and hallucinating but everyone seemed fine so more likely he was tired from not having a very good nap, then he had a dream that he was sick and they were his mobile trying to make him better and had thrown up in his sleep.
- Angelica says that only babies suck on bottles. He IS a baby.
- When Angelica is punching her pillow we see that her shoes are off. But when she getting out of bed her shoes are on.
- When Tommy yawns after waking up from his dream he has a full set of teeth. Yet on the episode "Weaning Tommy" we learn that Tommy only has one tooth.
- When Angelica is getting into bed, her pillow is gone, and then it comes back.
- At the beginning of the episode, a clock is shown, but no hands appear to be on it.