|This article is a stub! You can help Tommy and the others by expanding it!|
|Season 2 Episode 21b|
|Spike the Wonder Dog|
|Original Airdate||March 21, 1993|
|DVD release||Season 2|
|Previous Episode||Feeding Hubert|
|Next Episode||The Slide|
Inspired by the TV show "Oddles the Talking Poodle" , Angelica rigs Spike with Cynthia's toy celluar phone and convices the Rugrats that he can talk. Will she be able to fool Tommy and his friends into obeying her orders when they think Spike is telling them what to do?
- Description from Klasky Csupo
The babies see a Oodles The Talking Poodle commercial with a talking dog. They think Spike will be able to talk, but he can't. Angelica puts a microphone in his collar, and sounds like Spike is Talking, but he's not.
After watching a TV show about Oodles the talking poodle, the babies are convinced that Spike also has the ability to speak. When Angelica gets word of this, she uses her toy phone to make the babies' theory seem true. Angelica got her trouble and be punished about cookies to eat and they supposed to be for after dinner. And then cleaning up and call dad to tell them what I did.
The transcript can be found here
The early episode title was called "Spike Can Talk."
- Nickelodeon wanted some "PUs" when Phil & Lil's mouth opened as a way to make the episode funnier.
- In the "Oodles the Talking Poodle" part of the episode, Nickelodeon thought that the children's comments about not having a barn and an Uncle Lyle was out of place, but it remained in the final episode draft.
- A line that Tommy says about Spike being a "wonder poodle" was removed from the episode because Nickelodeon thought that such confusion would be weird.
- This episode is seen on the Easter VHS.