|Season Two Episode 21b|
|Spike the Wonder Dog|
|Original Airdate||March 21, 1993|
|DVD release||Season 2|
|Previous Episode||Feeding Hubert|
|Next Episode||The Slide|
Spike the Wonder Dog is the thirty-sixth episode from Season two of Rugrats.
After watching a TV show about Oodles the talking poodle, the babies are convinced that Spike also has the ability to speak. When Angelica gets word of this, she uses her toy phone to make the babies' theory seem true.
- The early episode title was called "Spike Can Talk."
- Nickelodeon wanted some "PUs" when Phil & Lil's mouth opened as a way to make the episode funnier.
- In the "Oodles the Talking Poodle" part of the episode, Nickelodeon thought that the children's comments about not having a barn and an Uncle Lyle was out of place, but it remained in the final episode draft.
- A line that Tommy says about Spike being a "wonder poodle" was removed from the episode because Nickelodeon thought that such confusion would be weird.
- This episode is seen on the Rugrats Easter VHS.