|This article is a stub! You can help Tommy and the others by expanding it!|
|Season 2 Episode 11a|
|Original Airdate||November 15, 1992|
|VHS release||Nickelodeon Super Toons|
|DVD release|| The Best of Season 2|
|Previous Episode||Family Feud|
|Next Episode||The Dog Broomer|
Superhero Chuckie is the first segment of the eleventh episode of season 2, and the forty-sixth Rugrats segment overall. The late Adam West guest stars in this episode, playing the role of Captain Blasto.
After visiting a TV studio to see "Captain Blasto", a superhero program that ran on Channel 43 since the 1950's, Chuckie is convinced that he, too, can be a costumed crime fighter. His first assignment: rescue the world from Angelica -- literally.
- - Description from Klasky Csupo.
- Captain Blasto's oath is a parody of and tribute to the Green Lantern oath from DC Comics.
- Captain Blasto is voiced by the late Adam West, famous for playing the character Batman in the 1960's television show of the same name.
- Chuckie's cape is a towel with the words MOTEL STYX on it, which is a parody of Motel 6.
- While Didi was stuck on an exercise machine, she shouts "Stu, stop this crazy thing!", which is a reference to the end credits to the Hanna-Barbera show The Jetsons.
- It's implied at the end of this episode that Lil has a crush on Chuckie; after Tommy and Phil shake hands with him, Lil jumps up at him and hugs him. There is also another time where this also happens except it's Kimi hugging Tommy after he saves them in The Bravliest Baby episode.
- If Chuckie had pushed Angelica down when the adults where around Chuckie would have been put in time out.
- When Chuckie dons his new super hero "uniform", he is clearly shown wearing a thong which indicates that one of the adults wears one.