|Susie Sings the Blues||Gallery||Transcript|
|Season 1 Episode 2|
|Susie Sings the Blues|
|Original Airdate||April 19, 2003|
|VHS release||Growing Up Changes Everything|
|DVD release||Growing Up Changes Everything|
|Previous Episode||Coup DeVille|
|Next Episode||Bad Kimi|
Susie Sings the Blues is an episode of All Grown Up! from the first season.
- Dil (non-speaking)
- Beverly Jones
- Vice Principal Pangborn
- Emica (mentioned)
- Ty (mentioned)
Susie believes she has the talent to become an international pop star, but is awfully upset when she is framed for 1,000 dollars by a con artist.
After meeting a woman named Beverly Jones from a talent agency, Susie begins to believe that she has the talent needed to become an international pop star. The woman tells Susie that she has many perspective clients ready to meet her, provided she pays $1,000. Unable to come up with the money on her own or ask her parents for it, she turns to her older sister, Alisa, who has been saving up for a house. Alisa agrees to give her the money, however, when Susie arrives at the building she was told to meet at, she discovers it is deserted. Completely devastated to realize that the talent agency woman was actually a con artist, Susie goes home and tells her sister about what happened. Alisa is angry at Susie but not because of the money but because she explains that the "talent agent"/con artist could have taken it a lot farther than she did(kidnapping, murder) and is annoyed that Susie put her life in danger, but is glad that Susie's okay and calmly allows to pay back the money. And despite her setback, Susie goes onstage at the Java Lava for a talent night and is a huge success.
Meanwhile, after seeing a group of students getting punished for a school prank, Chuckie decides that he is tired of playing it safe and decides to reinvent himself as Chuck, a boy who is not afraid of taking risks. With the reluctant help of Tommy, Chuckie superglues all of the basketball team’s sneakers to the bathroom ceiling but doesn't get caught for the prank. Chuckie and Tommy rig the soda and ice cream machines to explode all over Vice Principal Pangborn and replace his diploma with a photocopy of Chuckie’s rear. When they go to his office, the boys discover the Pangborn is a closet poet and inadvertently encourage him to read some of his works at the Java Lava. Inspired by Chuckie’s daringness, Pangborn only tells the boys to clean up their mess, much to Chuckie’s disappointment.
- Ending Tagline: "No! I want to limp out of here in a neck brace!" - Chuckie
- Dil didn't say a single word in this episode ergo making it the first episode where a main character didn't have a single line of dialogue
- In this episode Chuckie is being a Bad Boy and in the next episode Bad Kimi, Kimi is being a Bad Girl which is very ironic.
- We can assume that Susie's parents still do not know that Susie went through with meeting Beverly and paying $1,000. Only Alisa, Kimi, Tommy, Harold, and Angelica know that Susie paid Beverly.
- This episode can be watched on the Game Boy Advance by purchasing "All Grown Up!: Volume 1".