|This article is a stub! You can help Tommy and the others by expanding it!|
|Season 3 Episode 16a|
|Under Chuckie's Bed|
|Original Airdate||January 9, 1994|
|VHS release||Bedtime Bash|
|DVD release||Season 3|
|Previous Episode||Tommy and the Secret Club|
|Next Episode||Chuckie is Rich|
Chas moves Chuckie from his crib to a regular bed . Soon Chuckie realizes that his new sleeping arrangement has something the crib doesn't... monsters underneath! Will he ever get a good night of sleep again?
- Description from Klasky Csupo
It starts with Chuckie asleep in his crib with his clothes on. He wakes up and talks about how great it is. Charles comes in, puts the glasses on Chuckie's face and tells him he will get a big surprise. He then carries Chuckie into the playpen with Tommy, Phil and Lil. Charles talks to Betty and Didi about helping build D.I.Y. furniture. Betty says she enjoys building things.The babies think something is wrong with Chuckie as he seems both happy and sleepy. He says he just got up from his favourite place: his crib. Meanwhile Charles is taking it apart while Betty and Didi are moving a mattress in. Didi is unsure it should be a surprise as Lipschitz says you need to talk to them first. Phil and Lil say to Chuckie his crib is being taken away in pieces by the grownups. The babies run into Chuckie's room only to find a bed so Chuckie cries and screams. Charles puts him to bed and reassures him. Chuckie puts his glasses on and thinks he hears something scary and doesn't like being expected to sleep in a bed with no sides. Then he falls asleep and dreams he hears a voice say hi and screams. Charles hears him screaming and comes to reassure him. He then puts Chuckie to bed again, who tries to reassure himself but it doesn't work. He then falls asleep, but dreams a monster says he has candy. He wakes up and tells himself there's no such thing. He takes a look and thinks he sees a monster. The next morning Tommy is in the sandbox where Phil and Lil are burying Chuckie, who says the bed is terrible because it is too wide, doesn't have no sides and something else they won't believe but Tommy says they will. Chuckie says there's a monster under the bed and describes it. Tommy and Lil say monsters do exist but they live in caves and swamps. Angelica says they live under beds. Tommy says it is not true. Angelica says Barnaby Jones from a few blocks down thought it wasn't true until one night he was reading and eating when a monster said he had cake and ice cream and then ate Barnaby. She then says you can only be safe under the covers, then sings Chuckie's going to get eaten by the monster under his bed. Lil says Angelica is a terrible singer but Tommy is determined that Chuckie will be OK and there's no monster. Didi says maybe Tommy should stay over. Charles puts Chuckie and Tommy to bed. They are happy until Chuckie thinks he hears a monster and goes under the covers. Tommy says he must look under the bed. They both look but are scared as they think they see a monster but it is really Charles's sweater. He reassures the boys but Chuckie falls out of bed.
the transcript for this episode can be found here.
- In this episode Chuckie gets a new bed to replace his crib, but in previous episodes he has a bed. (For instance The Odd Couple) Must be due to a continuity issue, or episodes set in the wrong order.
- This episode was released as part of Bedtime Bash.
- Starting with this episode, the intro's color is more dark, with the exception of episode 57.
- In this episode, Angelica tells the story of how "little Barnaby Jones" got eaten by monsters. In actuality, Barnaby Jones was a detective series that aired on CBS from January 1973 until 1980.
- Angelica: (mocking and singing) Chuckie's gonna get eated, eated, eated! Chuckie's gonna get eated by the monster under his bed!
- Monster: Wrong-a-ronni!
- Monster: Why don't you come down here? I've got candy!
- Tommy: "Don't listen to [Angelica], Chuckie! Lil: Yeah, she's a terrible singer.
The gallery for this episode can be found here